Friday 19 April 2013

Week 8 - Love and Information Scenes


Play Title: Love and Information

Stage Setting and Props: Overall in the play we've decided as a class to keep the stage blank, so there are only a couple of boxes, a swing, and we'll be wearing black tops.

Scene Title: Torture
Actors: Ashley and I

We are now in the final parts of our rehearsals. In my first scene called torture, my character has been in the torturing business for a while.  I am torturing someone with Ashley but I am the more laid back one because I've done this lots of times.  In the scene I can tell Ashley is frustrated at the guy we are torturing because the guy isn't giving any information and because Ashley says 'he's wearing me out'.  My response was to tell him to go and have a cigarette.  That's where the scene ends. 

My teacher Mr.Crowther keeps on telling me to change my role and I dont understand whether I should be relaxed or piped up.

Scene Title: Star
Actors: Shai and I 

My second scene is star. Im basicly a star nerd. I know pretty much everything their is to know about stars.  So the scene starts with me telling Shai that it will about 2.8 million years for the light to get here.  Our conversation goes on to stars in general, the sun, the fact that they could have died by then.  We also talk about evolution and the fact that humans might be different (might have evolved) by the time the star light gets here. 

Scene Title: Sex
Actors: Lucy and I

In this scene I say this to Lucy: "What sex evolved to do is get information from two sets of genes so you get offspring that's not identical to you.  Otherwise you just keep getting the same thing over and over again. Like hydra or star fish.  So, sex essentially is information."  Lucy then says, "You don't think that while we're doing it do you?"  I say "It doesn't hurt to know information and also love."  Lucy replies "If you're lucky".  That's where the scene ends.

In the scene Lucy is sitting down on a block and I'm standing up getting dressed and ready to go to work.

Scene Title: Wife
Actors: Betsy and I

My interpretation of this scene is that mreal wife has died and Betsy may be a clone who is trying to act like she's my wife but I don't believe her.  In the scene there's a part where I say "you look like my wife" but in my heart I just know that she isn't.  She keeps on bringing up memories from the past like why cabages is a funny joke but the scene finishes when I say "You disgust me, you frighten me, what are you?"

In this scene we're standing on different sides of the room, she's looking one way and I'm looking the other way.  So it's like a contrast.

Scene Title: Rash
Actors: Shai and I

We're young parents, our kid has a rash and we don't really know what to do.  The scene starts with me saying "It's just a rash."  I suggest I have him tested.  Shai is completely freaking out and at the end I say did you get the new cream.

In the scene there's a block on the floor between myself and Shai which we look at as if it's our baby.



No comments:

Post a Comment